Wednesday 8 June 2011

Mortgage Comparison: USA: Cincinnati vs USA: Lexington!

Welcome to today's daily mortgage comparison! Giving you mortgage comparisons from two of the biggest cities in the USA!

Now here we have the USA, city of Cincinnati!,
Cincinnati is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio, and is one of the southern most cities in the American Midwest. Cincinnati is located north of the Ohio River at the Ohio-Kentucky border, near Indiana. The population within city limits is 296,943 according to the 2010 census, making it the Ohio's third-largest city. According to the 2010 Census Bureau estimate, the Cincinnati metropolitan area had a population of 2,130,151 making it the largest MSA in Ohio and the 27th most populous in the United States.

Average House Price: $180,000
Average Mortgage:  $187,000



VS 


And here we have the USA, the city of Lexington!
Lexington is the second-largest city in Kentucky and the 63rd largest in the US. Known as the "Thoroughbred City" and the "Horse Capital of the World", it is located in the heart of Kentucky's Bluegrass region. In the 2010 Census the city's population was 295,803, anchoring a metropolitan area of 472,099 people and a Combined Statistical Area of 687,173 people.
Average House Price: $173,000
Average Mortgage:  $179,000


So theres the facts guys, Cincinnati is more expensive! but is it worth it? ;D

39 comments:

  1. Lexington, but only because it is not in OH

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cincinnati is so nice, definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cincinnati looks impressive, but I think it all depends on the pictures for me to decide where I would go to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its narrowly got to be Cincinnati for me. I would think the Cincinnati area will have more job opertunities. I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd rather live in Lexington

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh, do we have to choose between these two? i guess i'd say cincinati

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow another really hard choice, but I would have to go for Cincinnati.. Despite it being a little more expensive for the mortgage I think I would prefer to live there in the long run. Great Post !

    ReplyDelete
  8. lexington got dat weather yo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like this blog. Do you do any cities outside US?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe, never heard og either one^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure which city I would like. I think Florida from an earlier post is the best place so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dunno, seems like too much city to me either way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lexington looks interesting in that 'boring' kinda way.

    Yeh, I don't really get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lexington actually looks alot nicer and being cheaper that would be my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess I could do Cincinnati, but do I have to like their football team?

    ReplyDelete
  16. cincinnati looks like it has a nice night life

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'll go with the cheaper one :O

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe its because of the picture of night compared to day. I prefer the night picture so I think that would be better to live in

    ReplyDelete
  19. both a bit boring, reckon lexington might be more fun

    ReplyDelete
  20. LEXINGTON, because it was thge name of the little green gargoyles from a 90s Disney cartoon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm that's kind of a hard choice, i guess I'd go for Lexington cause i wouldn't want to live in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think nighttime pictures look better, and pictures with water. Maybe that's why all my answers are so biased :P I'd go with Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cincinnati looks nice... but i think its just the photo. both look kinda sleepy and quiet to me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. cincinnati plz looks so funnn

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm going with Lexington because it looks like they appreciate their nature!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to see a more broad spectrum of mortgage prices.

    ReplyDelete
  27. For me it is
    It look better than lexington

    ReplyDelete
  28. Funny story: My BF's dad is a blacksmith, so he shoes horses. You know why he's bald? Because when he's working on their hind legs, some horses poop right on his head.

    This is why he wears a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice to know i live near lexington!

    ReplyDelete
  30. DeliriumTiger as customary votes for nightscape of Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete